Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Colorado trip '07

There are 37 chapters in Job that tell of his suffering. Of course Job has a lot to say in his mourning and pain. Then there are his friends who have all sorts of advice and answers for Job as to why this happened and what Job should do about it. Then finally, in chapter 38 the Lord speaks...

"Who is this that darkens counsel by words without knowledge?
Dress for action like a man;
I will question you, and you make it known to me."
Job 38:1-3

God has some questions for Job and in chapter 40 Job promises silence...

"Then Job answered the LORD and said:Behold, I am of small account; what shall I answer you?
I lay my hand on my mouth.I have spoken once, and I will not answer; twice, but I will proceed no further."
Job 40:3-5

Sometimes, a lot of the time, choosing joy is about shutting up and letting the Lord speak. He might have some questions for you.

The book of Job has come to life for me. Spoken to my Spirit and I concur with Job, "I know that You can do all things and that no purpose of Yours can be thwarted Lord." Job 42:2

My hope is that you will open it up someday soon and read it. It's a beautiful story of a man who lived a life full of days for the Lord.

Choose joy sweet friends, KP

No comments:

Post a Comment