Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hello friends! I'm a friend of Kate's from over at awake, where I recently posted my thoughts on the importance of making a conscious effort to be happy. I've realized lately that for me, happiness is often found in the simple, little things that make each ordinary day just a little bit brighter, like...

Waking up warm and cozy


A good laugh

Sunshine, especially in a patch on the kitchen floor (or beaming through a photograph)


Sloppy, messy, gross-but-adorable puppy kisses

The subtle but delicious smell of pancakes

A quick kiss on the way out the door


Successful baking ventures

Using silly faux-curse words (like "fricken-frack")


Hot (and pretty!) coffee

Having enough change in your car cup-holder to buy a Coke


Places that are just as beautiful when remembered with photographs

Kind words from kind friends

Even numbers


A good bottle of wine

I hope you figure out what makes you happy and stick to it. Discover the little (and big!) things that make each day a little brighter. And hold onto them particularly when they're needed.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment